Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pumpkin Pancakes

Now that we are coming out of our viral fog, I decided to redeem my grumpy self and make pumpkin pancakes for my family this morning. Here is the recipe:

PUMPKIN PANCAKES

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour (use another cup of white if you don't have WW)
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 T. pumpkin pie spice

1 and 3/4 cup milk
3 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup oil

1. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a second bowl, combine wet ingredients. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until slightly lumpy.

2. Heat a lightly greased griddle over medium heat. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle. Cook until tops are bubbly and edges are dry. If you have a particularly strong case of parental guilt, you can throw some chocolate chips in when the top begins to bubble. Then flip.

Makes about 16 pancakes.

2 comments:

  1. My family LOVES Pumpkin Pancakes!!!! We make them ear round. Thanks for posting this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one thing I have not tried, but guess what I am now going to try these.

    ReplyDelete