These Wings Were Made for Flying

Vivi and I had a great trip to North Carolina.  She was such a fantastic little traveler and I was at my mommy-best.  We had no arguments.  There were no lost-tempers and no real schedule.  Vivi thrived with all the attention and I was the most relaxed I have been in a very long time.  Oh, and I got my first full night's sleep in nearly two years.  It was on my sister's couch and it was wonderful. (Yeah, I know, couch and wonderful aren't usually used in the same sentence.)

Unfortunately, things didn't go quite as smoothly on the home front.  The Turtles were okay for a day but once they realized I was gone, Daddy found himself with a lot of babies holding tight to his legs.  The nights were the hardest, particularly for Jude, who woke up yelling for me and could not be settled.  She tried searching the house for me in the middle of the night which left her distraught and Daddy more than a little exhausted.  That, of course, made our homecoming sweet for everyone.  

Here are some highlights from our trip:


Pumpkin custard makes us all this happy.


Snuggling with Aunt Katie


1-2-3 Split!!!


Relaxed Mama and happy Vivi


Even gymnasts lose their fancy pants sometimes.


Didn't you know there are some killer waves in Raleigh?


Dressing Aunt Katie to be fancy for their Single Ladies' dance

Comments

  1. I'm glad you had a great time and were able to get some sleep! The photos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I especially love the one of you and Vivi--you are just radiating rest and relaxation and calm. So glad you were able to have a little getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time! I see you went to marbles that is one of my favorite places

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halfway There Giveaway

Peace and Quiet

What Is a Good Mother?