New and Not So Improved

Despite the chaos that rules my every day, I've made a few realizations lately about the state of my life. This is refreshing because it means that just for a split second, I can mentally step outside of the turmoil and see things for what they truly are. This is what I have noticed:

Vivi cooks more meals in her play kitchen than I do in my real one.


If a swing or bouncy seat does not contain a real baby, it contains a pretend one.




We are down to one binky for two babies and that is not a good situation but I still can't manage to remember to pick up some new ones when I leave the house.


I'm still in my maternity clothes because I'd rather wear those than go up a size in my regular pants.


Despite loving my children with incredible intensity, there is one point during every day when I have a (thankfully) fleeting desire to leave and not return.


When my diaper supply seems significantly diminished, I check Vivi's stuffed animals and find most of them outfitted in the Turtles' diapers.

It's almost daily that someone comes up to me on the playground and says, "Twins? Wow! I don't know how you do it." Well, the truth is I do it sloppily, with a lot of tears and frustration and more than a few accidents. Doing IT doesn't necessarily mean doing it well and I am sure there are plenty of parents out there who could do it better.


Oh well...

Comments

  1. Blurgh--I totally know that feeling of getting by but not doing as well as you'd like. I can tell you to try not to be hard on yourself--and you should try not to be hard on yourself!--but I was never very successful with that.

    For what it's worth, you love your kids and they love you and you are doing a great job. I'm impressed that you only have one moment per day that you think of leaving :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: The Twin Comment - I would just smile and think to myself "I don't know how I do it either!"

    Do you have someone who could spell you for 1 or 2 hours every few days or so?

    I love the photo of Vivi with the babies lurking in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halfway There Giveaway

Peace and Quiet

What Is a Good Mother?