Mr. Fix-It 5, Mama 0

Ladies, I am doing something that I never ever thought I would do: a cleanse.  Yes, in a moment of bloated flabbiness, I signed up for this.  I am off dairy, gluten, all processed food including tofu, and sugar for ten days.  As a vegetarian, I'm also not eating meat so it's been a lot of almond butter, avocado, hummus, and kale around these parts.

And, well, it hasn't been terrible.  The first couple days I felt more tired than I have felt in a very long time.  I think it was because I had to sever my relationship with sugar.  (I was sorry to have to break-up with my BFF but her time had come. She's been treating me badly for so long that I just couldn't keep pretending our problems didn't exist.)

The most challenging part of this week is not the cleanse, however.  It is this:


We hired someone to paint our foyer, stairwell, and upstairs hallway.  We are on day 5!  FIVE! I have been out of the house from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. every day in the rain with at least two children (but usually three) trying to keep them occupied while Mr. Fix-It takes 45+ hours to paint roughly 200 square feet.

This project combined with all this quality, nap-less time with my children resulted in the consumption of six french fries, a few bites of macaroni and cheese, and a taste of almond cake by yours truly.  (An Ikea lunch of champions!)  As if that wasn't enough of a lapse, when I got home and saw that aforementioned project still wasn't done, I popped some popcorn.... with butter.

Mr. Fix-it drove me to it, I swear.

Comments

  1. Sometimes you just need to weed your friendship garden :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halfway There Giveaway

Peace and Quiet

What Is a Good Mother?