Recipe Round II

Since many of you seem to like seeing recipes on this blog, I'll try and post one every weekend. It gets me out of the "obsessed with my kid" mode that is the basis for this blog. The concession, however, is that all the recipes I will include will be for things Vivi loves. Now, hopefully, you and your family will too!

This recipe is for Watermelon Salsa which I first had while visiting my husband's friends in Vermont. I don't know if it was the salsa itself or eating it on their little farm on one of those beautiful Vermont summer evenings that made it so perfect! It still tastes good here in L'il Rhody though.


WATERMELON SALSA

3 cups chopped seedless watermelon
1/3 cup chopped red onion
2 medium garlic cloves, crushed

small handful of chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon salt

juice from one lime

Put chopped watermelon into a colander and allow juice to drain for 20-30 minutes. Afterwards, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and serve. (I think this tastes better when it has a chance to sit for an hour or so to let the flavors mix.)


This is a really versatile recipe. Adjust the ingredients according to taste or add an anaheim pepper for some heat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halfway There Giveaway

Peace and Quiet

What Is a Good Mother?