ABCs

Tell me that Jackson Five song isn't running through your head right now...

My husband bought me an Ipod shuffle for my birthday. This is a big deal yo.  I shun technology.  I don't even have caller ID and when you call me and I am on the phone, guess what?  You get a busy signal.  No shit.  My friend Grace says that I am "off the grid" and with the exception of the occasional TV drug I give my children, I kind of it like it that way.

So, in light of that fun fact, I thought I would be a lazy blogger today and tell you a little bit more about Mama Mama ABC style.   Here we go:

Age:  35 and it feels great!

Bed size: Queen size. 

Chore I hate: They all kind of suck but I am going to go with mopping.

Dogs: Pup.  He's the best kind because he is stuffed. 

Essential start to my day: My husband getting up with the girls

Favorite color: Green.  It's the new black.

Gold or silver: I think I look better in gold but I prefer silver.

Height: 5' 4" first thing in the morning. 

Instruments I play: Vacuum and Washing Machine

Job title: Mama (Duh!)

Kids: In no particular order, Eliya, Jude, and Aviva

Live: In Rhode Island which I still find mystifying 

Mother's name: Kathy

Nicknames: Wait, Mama isn't my real name?

Overnight hospital stays: Once, after Vivi was born.

Pet Peeve: Driving while talking on your cell phone or other instances where one should be paying attention to the people around them.  I'll stop there.

Quote from a movie: The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.  (Name that movie!)

Right or left handed: Right

Siblings: One brother, four sisters, all younger.

Time I wake up: 8ish.  That's because I have the best husband in the world.

Underwear: Of course!

Vegetable I hate: Brussel Sprouts.  There's no way to make them good in my opinion.

What makes me run late: My spawn.

X-rays I've had: Ankle (sprain in my early 20s), Nose (broken, also early 20s) and teeth.

Yummy food I make: Lentil soup and baklava.

Zoo animal: See letter C for Children.

Comments

  1. Love Steel Magnolias! That is a great movie quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love lentil soup, but I don't have a great recipe. Is it one you can share? And I make a mean baklava, if I do say so. :)

    I'm similarly off the grid, although I did make the leap to call waiting (never use it) and caller ID (love it!) within the past couple of months. I'm so, so not a phone person. Since the girls were born I had had the philosophy that I would answer the phone if it was convenient...but it sometimes did drive me crazy not knowing who'd hung up without leaving a message (on our actual answering machine...no voice mail). We honestly don't get that many phone calls - thank goodness - but now I can avoid the telemarketers even when it's "convenient" to answer the phone.

    I don't have an i-anything (-pod, -phone), though. You'll laugh to know that I went into a big box electronics store a couple of months ago. I wanted to get a small system for my kitchen counter, as I don't like to turn on the main sound system (in the den) when the girls are napping. I told the guy I didn't want a docking station...I was thinking along the lines of a basic Bose. The only thing he had to show me that wasn't a docking station was a boom box. Like, 1994-on-my-dorm-room-shelf boom box. Um, I have one of those in my closet, and I don't want that atrocity on my counter. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halfway There Giveaway

Peace and Quiet

What Is a Good Mother?