Thursday, May 5, 2011

Just In Time for Mother's Day

This is Jude.


Jude has always been a daddy's girl.

I am generally okay with that.  Since Vivi has expressed a clear preference for our neighbor and Ellie seems to want to snuggle with me, it's only fair that my husband gets a little loving now and then too.  He's a great guy.

Today, however, Jude did something I never expected.  This morning, I ignored both Turtles in order to do some laundry.  They were entertaining themselves (translation: fighting over toys) so I let them have at it so I could serve the higher cause of providing my family with some clean underwear.  

By the time I was done, it was obvious that Jude needed a break from Ellie.  I sat down next to her on the living room rug and cracked open a book.  Before I began to read, Jude grabbed my hand and said, "Love you Mama."

I don't know if she really does love me or if she was just sick of her sister.  Both scenarios are plausible but it made my morning, nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. This post made MY morning! (Partly bc I needed to hear that bit about ignoring fighting for the higher purpose of clean undies...excellent perspective...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Jude with the strainer on her head--perfect!

    This is a great post---glad everyone has clean undies, and you got to hear those three sweet words :)

    Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete