Friday, April 2, 2010

Measuring Success

Lately I've been thinking about what it means to be a success. When I was a career woman, I could point to publications and results from our legislative advocacy. It was thrilling to see my name in print or to know that the work I did led to a better life for someone who had been tortured. All in all, it was a tangible offering for my resume and made me a rather marketable gal in the world of human rights.

Ahh, that was SO three years ago.

I think I measure success a little differently today. My kids and husband are healthy and my house is in one piece. Sometimes, that feels more like a miracle than testimony to all the work I put in but I'll still take it.

Here's a highlight of a few other successful moments:



A backyard picnic which resulted in next to no clean-up!


Preventing a child from being run-over by a rouge Turtle on a Cheeky Chick.

Three happy girls in the tub.
(This is one of those miracles.)

And, of course, my biggest success is happy kids who can make their own fun.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos - I know exactly what you mean about 3 happy girls in a tub being one of those miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one makes me smile. Thanks for reminding me that in my new job as a SAHM, success can and should be measured differently.

    ReplyDelete