Kindergarten: The Verdict

Despite the look on our little kindergartener's face:


and her refusal to let me take a decent picture:



and her anxious thumb-sucking:


Vivi declares kindergarten to be pretty good.  When I asked her the best part of her day, she told me it was recess because playing on the "spinning wheel [merry-go-round] was awesome."  When I asked what was the worst part of her day was she told me, "Nothing, mama.  Everything is the best.  Well, except in the morning when they were going over the rules.  That was boring."

Personally, I declare kindergarten to be a little overwhelming.  I cried as I was leaving her at school and then again when I got to the YMCA and then again while the Turtles were napping and the house was quiet.    I almost cried for a fourth time when I went to pick her up and saw that she wasn't in line with her classmates.  (She was put on the bus to go home instead of in the pick-up line but a teacher went and found her before the bus took off.)   

This morning there were no tears-- just excitement.  Vivi rode her bike with Daddy to school and we said she could ride the bus home with her best friend from across the street.  And when the bus pulls up to the bus stop to let her off-- I'll be ready with my camera.

Comments

  1. I'm really glad she's enjoying it! The part about the rules being boring made me laugh - it's just one of those necessary evils. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all exciting and scary at the same time! Happy to hear she thought nothing was "bad" just "boring" LOL!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy she likes Kindergarden! Going to school is so scary, I'm glad she is adjusting so well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halfway There Giveaway

Peace and Quiet

What Is a Good Mother?